Wednesday, May 17, 2006

the flight

it was not for the first time i was getting into a plane.I have been in and out of it umpteen times.But this was the first time I was all on my own.I met Manish a business man with offices in Rome and Milan and we instantly became friends.Coincidentally he was in the seat in front of me in the plane also.


The best part about the flight had to be the airhostesses especially one of them who I would pester for the rest of the flight.I had a window seat so the view was stunning.The initial thrust at the time of the takeoff sets the mood.The aircraft kept on taxiing on the runway for quite some time and I remember saying,"bas kinni ku race dayenga hun gear vi paa de".

The meal served was European and the taste of meat without any spices and undercooked would set the tone for the rest of this trip.The plane was a Boeing 737 and was full to capacity.

I remember the first sight I saw when I woke up in the morning was the horizon lit up with a palette of colours I had never seen before.It was a once in a lifetime moment.In the sky it feels as if you are gliding on a bed of cotton.The plane had two onboard cameras one offering a view down and the other a view ahead.The view ahead camera offered a marvellous site at the time of landing.I also watched Capote and Cats &Dogs

The flight landed at Vienna airport at 0610 local time and Manish and me went shopping at the duty free shops at the airport.He had an onward flight to rome while my flight was Leipzig.We exchanged our contact information and said our goodbyes.The plane to Leipzig was much much smaller and had the capacity for abt 50 persons.It had a stopover in Dresden and we finally reached Leipzig at 0935 local time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home