Wednesday, May 17, 2006

first day

I landed at the airport at 0935hrs and suddenly realised the complexity of the situation I have to face for the next few months.No one knows English and I dont know much of Deutsch.I made my way to the railway station and it was deserted like a hermit's hut.I made my way back to the airport(with a luggage of 30 kgs)and took a taxi and I am very proud to say that my entire conversation with the taxi driver was in German.It cost me 27 Euros and Oh by the way the car was a Merc.i reached the institute at around 11.I met the secy who would be taking good "care" of me for the next few months then I went to meet Nishil and Golu and then I was taken to my office.The office is the kind which in India I would have got only after 10 years of experience.My officemate is a chinese 35 yrs old not a very interesting one but nevertheless extremely hospitable.Another lady took me to my room where I would be staying for the next 3 months .it is about 30 minutes from my place of work.The room is actually the part of a flat which I am sharing with 3 other guys.It has 2 bathrooms a kitchen and 4 bedrooms.Didnot have lunch and went straight for my afternoon siesta.woke up at around 7 and my friends were still not back so I decided to explore the place on my own.Went to the supermarket and brought a can of milk and then went in the opposite direction.Met two Punjabis one from Nawanshahar and the other was a pakistani.Both of them were illegal immigrants doing menial jobs here.And yes all the stories about travel agents we hear back home are true.The guys were helpful and showed me around and also how to place a call.hey by the way if any of you interested in calling me up there are two numbers 00493419959540(1230-2030 IST) during weekdays and 0032484221128 at other times.Dinner was made with my own hands.I didnt know I am such a good cook but I guess this period is all about exploring uncharted territories within yourself

2 Comments:

At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gud luck simran...
Piyush here.
Nice to see u xplorin new horizons.
My best of wishes r wid u
Enjoy

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always knew u wud make a gud cook... come ba ck soon coz i want a good meal cukd by u only for me!!!!!
nish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home