Monday, June 26, 2006

A 'distressful' post

People keep wondering how come this bloody guy is having a ball out there.No crashes,no false starts,no nightmares.nothing.Simply because i believe that smile and the world smiles with you.cry and you cry alone.so apna rona dhona mein usually apne pass rakhta hoon.

But aah just to clear those misgivings I write this post.The past few days have been very tough for me(those who know me well know that I say this after every few days[;)]).

I lost my flight tickets and with that my entire savings went for a toss.Already my papers for the schol had gotten fucked up(my mistake) and I was clearly not born with the silver spoon in my mouth.I had to arrange for finance for France also considering that I have to stay there for atleast 10 months.I misplaced my entrance card to the institute.I sprained my ankle badly and could hardly walk for 2 days.
Very frankly I have not exactly hit it off with my companions here.There has been the occasional tiff and things are not exactly smooth like a cheese.It could be that I am entirely to blame.hardly have had a long term contact with any of the locals.and as for the mems.well I quote Muhammad Ali on this"Silence is golden when u dont know a good answer."

I could have taken all this in my stride.but the next blow was literally...................I dont know what.I dont have words for it.I just kicked one of the pillars of my life with whom I shared all my joys and sorrows.Why?I guess it had to be done sooner rather than later.You dont make a promise breaker your life's pillar do you?but me idiot searching for utopia.never realising that utopia is just what it is meant to be.A myth.Der aaye durust aaye.

This indecision of mine kills me sometime.Oh god! why cant i stick to one damn thing.Ok ok b4 I look like the most frustrated guy out there.let me tell you that is not exactly the case.I was down for some time but not now.

Guardian angel didnt exactly pull it off this time but just enough for me to survive for the next day.that night it was the France Togo match.I was in a very bad mood that day.Feeling alone and more dangerously a loser.Born loser so to say.Anyways.I positioned myself next to two girls in the vain hope perhaps they might talk.but nope.nothing till half time.I was wearing a French tshirt that day.so i said why not go into the france crowd.it was a do or die match for france and it hadnt scored till then.suddenly it scores.jubiliation all around.but for me none.in front of me was this group of 4-2 boys ,2 girls.one of the girl was really beautiful(if u people know alizee then i was reminded of alizee by her).still nothing.then this girl looks back and whispers into one of the guys ears something.i throw a questioning look.the other gal asks me "you are wearing an older version of the france tshirt"I say with 32 teeth flashing"It is the only one I could get my hands on"This is all I need to get into the groove.
watched the rest of the match with them.And do you know where that "alizee" was from?Lyon.and uf she is anything to go by then Lyon could spell either of two things for me-heaven or more despopana.
we took out a kinda victory parade after france won(and zizou got another chance).the story ends there(remember this is a distressful post).oops almost forgot a small detail.going by the names they gave me I am in for a torrid time trying to remember the names of French people

next day I was all set to make amends.but jab din gande hote hain toh sab kuch galat jaata hai.pehle open air disc mein gaya toh kisi ki cigarette se shirt jal gayi.it was the only german jersey i had.went back home to change(home is 35 mins. away).and i was all the more desparate this time.Socha ki jo marzi ho jaaye aaj i'll loose all control in the disc.well the best of the plans go awry.At my tram station I met Alexander.6 ft 8 inches and with a body to die for.I told u abt him a while ago.He was going to the supermarket.I told him I am going to see the match.He said Can I come along.i said sure.I can tell you very frankly he is one of the best guys I have ever met.Not even one shortcoming. happy, humourous, humble.In the tram there were these 2 young girls absolutely drunk.Swinging away like a pendulum. We made a lot of jokes(albeit harmless jokes) about them.So in the crowd we two stood out.

He helped me mix in with the crowd.Since both of us were standing together we were "centre of attraction."So these group of germans ask for his height.and then ask him where he comes from.Bulgaria he says.Und Ihr colleguen(and your collegue).India he says. Their eyeballs come out as they say"india.but the people from india are klein(small)".No you bloody bastards you have never heard of the region-Punjab.and then another comes up and says in perfect English hey arent you guys interested only in cricket.Nahi yaar aisa nahi hai.All in all I can say that I had finally found my first European friend.

I had a plan to go to a nightclub or a discotheque that night.but Mr.Alexander had an exam.when?2 weeks later.huh?and u start studying right away.yeah yeah i have not studied the whole semester.
Hmmm reminded me of Dixie.saale dixie it was our dream to go together someplace and rock the world but fate had something else in store.as for the other guys.Saini switzerland mein akela baitha bore ho raha hai.nahi lagva sakta tha kya schengen visa.teri bhi masti meri bhi. and chugh,talwar. what do i say about them. we are just 100 km from each other but neither of us can visit each other.


Hmmm despite my best intentions I couldnt bring out the emotions that i really wanted to. Why? coz by the time i got down to writing this post events had taken place which had completely reversed the mood and for the first time i began to feel Germany is wonderful.What happened?Well I guess you have to wait for the next post.And I assure you I am going to earn both brickbats and bouquets for that.
It is going to be awesome

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.. u're right, this one didnt sound all that "distressful".. i feel u wrote more coz u just had to write, doesnt look much like an emotional pour.. anyway, i wont write much, dying to read yr next post, lemme go!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alexander...hmm 6ft 8. I like that....

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine online uk - can you order phentermine line

 

Post a Comment

<< Home