Monday, July 10, 2006

Mother of all coincidences

I swear this blog almost did not make it on the net. I am not the one who is too keen to share his sorrows publicly. But hey as I told you before this blog is all I take back from this sojourn of mine.So I wont differentiate between the pleasant and sad memories.and go all out here.

I think this is going to be the last "incident related" blog of mine.coz with the world cup over so is the party.The blogs after this are going to be more general in nature with me also not really in the mood for any more anecdotes.But who knows.Miracles do happen.

Lets start.I didnt call up Nina on friday coz I didnt have a clue where would I take her on an afternoon with no match scheduled that day.Saturday me and Nishil had planned to go to Berlin for the final.But the last moment Nishil changed his mind.Now this was a big big setback.For one I had really wanted to be in Berlin for the final.but more disappointingly had I known abt this earlier i would have surely called Nina up and it would have been a perfect date with Germany winning that day convincingly.But sometimes the stars conspire against you.So I ended up friday not packing for berlin but instead reading Eric Segal's "Love Story"(Mallika Sherawat's khwaish is totally based on this)

Met A girl from Czech republic-Viera.if she was anything to go by then my dear czechmates would be having the time of their life.She was studying archaeology here in Leipzig.She was also going to watch the match but at some other place.So ...........

Final.France-italy.Sunday.Normal routine.Gurudwara in the afternoon.Back to hostel.French Tshirt. Back to Augustus platz.Another boring day in the offing.I cut down straight to the business.Half time.
Aahhhhhhhh look who is there..............>KATJA<."you were in Dresden??""you were in Berlin??"
and then i got to know what happened that day.It was not she who stood me up.infact it was I who had stood her up.She had called me to some club or something .i thought the invitation was for the night and not for the evening.so bit of misundersatnding.

As usual she was surrounded by these male sharks hunting out for blood(female blood).All kinds - deutsch , Italians,French(and of course an Indian).But how long could this inexperienced loser keep the sharks at bay.

We cheered like crazy for France.standing amongst the Italian crowd.and with every Italian play our eyes wouold go up in silent prayer.I was secretly hoping France loses.coz it would have been perfect for the sob scenario.meanwhile the advances of the other people on her kept on increasing.And I stared at one so hard that Katja had to tell me to relax"Dont worry simran they are all good people".Good people??bullshit.

To cut a long story short.France lost.I sat down there dejected and Katja along with me.really it was nice to be with someone at that moment.she ran her hands over my head and said almost the same things which I had told her a few days ago.

I think I overdid the sob story bit.Coz that is when the things went into an unstoppable downward spirl. An Italian stud(yeah real stud) comes up to Katja and engrosses her in a conversation .Well built good looking rich intelligent.Fuck I could go on for ever describing him but wont for the fear of being called gay. I mean he was better than me (much much better).

And if you thought my 25 sec smooch was long.then you should have seen them.3 mins 4 mins 5 mins their lips didnt part.and when they did.they found other body parts of each other.I dont know what I was doing at that moment.Standing like an idiot??sitting like a lunatic???dont know.

They made their way out and me thru the other way with my tail between my legs.and God can be cruel some days.as I went back to the tram station Lo Behold who is there-Katja and the fucking Italian.Still "engrossed'in each other.I tried not to get myself noticed.Was I successful or not?dont know.
I never thought I would see katja during the world cup.I had her number so I had thought I'll call her up some day.take her out for dinner and thank her for the lovely time she had given me.

U must have been wondering why i called this blog "Mother of all coincidences".By our second meeting Katja and I had opened up a lot.I mean we talked abt it all-gals,guys,sex,drugs,love.And the day Italy defeated Germany we were sitting there and she was saying Not italy not italy.and I told her that Italian men are suppossed to be the best.She said yes but only for sex.They dont make good husbands.But I guess that night it was only sex.

Katja had a fav line"Only the best will win".I say it with an absolute straight face that night the Italian(s) was(were) the best.

8 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the most difficult thing in this world is to handle emotions, and i just wanna say that u do it very well.. i'm not saying this on the basis of this blog alone ofcourse, but i'm happy that u know when to take a thing to heart and when to just ignore it.. all that u've written, and the way u accept the mentality and culture of girls and guys there.. i feel its all very difficult, atleast for me, coz i cant understand the reason for such "fun".. as u told me, this was a bad moment for u but now u're okay with it.. thats really nice of u, coz all this otherwise is very bad.. and really really bad.. and i dont want any girl to meet u again, and if any does it shd only be an indian.. i know tum mujhe yeh padh ke gaaliyaan de rahe hoge :) but seriously i cant help it.. its coming straight from the heart and i wdnt want to not write it.. plz take care of yrself, and man nights r for sleeping.. india ke ho, so bhi jaaya karo :D i hope i did justice to yr blog by my comment and didnt sound sympathetic (or anything even close to that) coz i am not.. smone like u deserves to forget crap things like this that happen, but dont forget the lesson.. stay away from galzzzzzzz.. plz plz plz :)

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. i m sorry for u . but come on. u have one more year. naale dooji vi taan haiiiiiiiiiiiii

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude how can u watch Mallikka's Khawahish...u suck man...




and @ ojjaswini for her comment abt nights...srry i can't help this...but i have to say that nights r not for sleeping...days r thr too ;) ... u can sleep much longer in days...real day starts after 12...u r with urself at that time...so quiet out there...watch movies...play games...nobdy to disturb u...gr8 time man...evry1 shld enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this...

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ gabbarr
first of all, my name doesnt hv 2 "j" ;) secondly, everything u wrote sounded quite good, as if night's the most happening time for everyone.. thirdly, "nobdy to disturb u" is invalid for kiddos living with their parents :D everyone cannot "enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" what u r talking abt :( sniff..

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmm...... No comments... :|
just waiting for The Big One..

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Deepinder Singh said...

hmm.. soo katja kat gai.... well keep ur search on.. u might foind another Katjeet Kaur...

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ ojaswini ... i think this time its ok...srry for the last time...n mine is also not gabbarr its GabBaRr...but not ur mistake...blogger doesn't recognize the case of letters...

yup...u r right abt enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyin the night at home...thts y one shld always try hostel life once in his life...

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ gabBaRr ;)
hope i get to see the hostel life once in my life too! take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home